How to make your legs stronger ?
- Skip the heavy leg extensions and leg curls, our bodies weren’t designed to flex and extend our knees while in hip flexion (seated position). By doing heavy weights on these machine-based exercises may cause both structural things such as patellar tendonitis as well as muscular imbalances, either of which will set you back weeks from your goals. In place of that, get your heavy work out functional movements like the squat and deadlift. These two exercises should be the cornerstone of any leg routine. By correcting technique on these exercises and your legs will start to change before your eyes.
2. Almost everyone is either left or right dominant, thus one side of the body is almost always doing a bit more work than the other.Unilateral exercises should be Added such as lunges or single leg squats and single leg deadlifts to ensure that both legs develop evenly, minimizing any muscular imbalances.
3. Guys at the gym try to avoid the smaller stabilizing muscles in the hips that prevent injury and ensure correct movement and stability of the hips and pelvis. Without these muscles working correctly, all other movements might become less effective and potentially more dangerous. Work the abductors (outer thigh) and adductors (inner thigh) as part of your warm-up prior to squatting and deadlifting.
4. The 10-20 minutes on the treadmill/elliptical/bike is not a proper warm up. Merely doing the cardiovascular warm up has done little to prepare your body for what is about to ensue. Begin your session with a good 5-10 minutes of active stretching movement based then work out your stabilization work.
5. Those leg extension and curl machines? This is where they can be properly enlisted. Light-moderate resistance can be used and work high repetitions on these isolation machines in order to perfect definition on the quads and hamstrings. Set up your machines properly in order to prevent injuries to the knees.