Here have Five Tips to keep your Lips unchapped.
5 Tips to how to keep Lips unchapped
- Licking lips seems to be the easiest remedy for chapped lips. This actually aggravates dryness. Though it may seem like it moisturizes the lips for a short time, once the saliva evaporates, it takes with it the natural moisture of the lips. The saliva contains two digestive enzymes, amylase and maltase. These enzymes are designed to aid in breaking down food. This also make your lips more likely to get dry and cracked.
- dehydration is One of the causes of chapped lips. If your body is dehydrated, your cells dry out. Buy drinking plenty of water rehydrates your cells and helps keep your lips moist and healthy.
- Applying good lip balm on your lips helps keep in moisture. Use lip balm throughout the day. A little warning, many lip balms come in different flavors. While this doesn’t seem to raise any concern, the delicious flavors of lip balms can tempt the user to lick her lips more. As mentioned above, licking your lips is not a good habit.
What you want to find in a lip balm are certain elements that help to promote healthy lips. Petroleum and beeswax are most common ingredients that prevent moisture loss. Use lip balms with at least SPF 15 to help protect your lips from the harmful UV rays. Experts suggest using petroleum jelly to heal chapped lips too.
- Your lipstick and lip gloss may be more harmful to you than you’re aware of. Alcohol is a common ingredient found in cosmetics, which takes away natural moisture from your lips. But The good news is, many manufacturers have developed lipsticks which contain natural oils, such as lanolin and aloe. These cosmetics offer sun protection too.
- There are many skin problems that require you to use topical medications. If you are trying to get rid of acne, you may be using anti-acne creams. To prevent premature wrinkles, an anti-aging cream is probably part of your daily skin regimen. These medications can be harmful to your lips. Experts recommends that you apply petroleum jelly before using any medication to shield your lips from harmful chemicals. Practicing extra caution such as this is the simplest way to get rid of chapped lips fast.